It has taken seven betas for Apple but finally, iOS 10.3 comes with new File System. Should you Upgrade or not?
Apple has released latest 10.3 upgrades on high request from the users for “Find my AirPods” feature, new Apple File System (APFS) implementation, and a number of developer improvements. Other enhancements include bug fixes and touch ID authentication for its Numbers, Pages, and Keynote productivity apps. The new update has some scary part but has some real optimization. iOS 10.3 comes with new File System which replaced Apple’s 30-year-old file system, HFS+. Apple new file system is optimized for Flash & SSD memory, also includes stronger encryption technology and file cloning.
Which devices iOS 10.3 support?
iOS 10.3 targets all the devices that is iOS 10 compatible devices which include iPhone 5 or above, iPad 2 or above, iPad mini 2 or above, iPad Pro range and the 6th generation iPod touch or above.
What to do before upgrading to iOS 10.3?
Before updating to iOS 10.3, users needs to back up their devices to Apple’s cloud. Although it is not important. But for safety purpose users needs to backup their phone before updating to this new update due to the new file system that Apple is introducing with this latest version.
How to upgrade to iOS 10.3?
Generally, it shows you pop-up notifications to upgrade it automatically. But in case it hasn’t happened we can do it manually by going into Settings > General > Software Update. Update size differs on the different device but most probably around 600 MB.
What this new Upgrade offers you?
- Track lost AirPods by requesting a sound played on your iPhone. But this needs relatively quiet environment.
- Apple assistant Siri support for paying and checking bill status in payment apps, scheduling rides in booking apps, accesses the functionality of car maker’s apps.
- CarPlay shortcuts in the status bar for easy access to recently accessed apps, Apple Music Now gives access to up next and the currently playing song’s album daily curated playlists and new music categories in Apple Music
- Podcasts will support 3D Touch and Today widget to access recently updated shows, episodes now shareable to Messages with the use of playback support.
- Maps Hourly weather using 3D Touch on the display, searching for your parked cars.
- Settings feature gives a unified view for Apple ID account info, settings, and devices V.